When you have dirty wet rags/wash cloths where do you put them til time to wash them?

We have been putting them in the same laundry basket as our clothes but it just makes one big stinky mildewy smell in our bathroom. Where do you put yours? This is after rinsing them clean btw.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I ring them out and hang them on the side of the laundry hamper in the spare bathroom. Or if I'm cleaning I will hang my cleaning rag on the washer, or over the shower bar until it's time to wash a load of towels.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:38 PM on May. 20, 2009

• i throw them in the washer
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 6:38 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I just put them directly in the washer. I don't turn it on right away or anything but that way they're the next thing to get washed :)
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 6:39 PM on May. 20, 2009

• We have another basket for towles
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 6:39 PM on May. 20, 2009

• We have a basket in front of the washer and anything wet goes in it so that when I wash my son's peed on sheets, they just get tossed in the wash with them. However, not everyone has a bedwetter. The other thing is, since only wet stuff goes in it, a lot of times the stuff dries before anything else goes in it and it gets washed pretty quickly.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:44 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I have a little laundry basket in my kitchen that they go in and every couple of days I do a load of towels. (With a 2 year old, the wash cloths get used A LOT!!)

SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 6:46 PM on May. 20, 2009

• The one's used on the main floor hang on the freezer(freezer on the bottom) door handle until they are dry and then into the little laundry basket under the sink until laundry day. The one's in the bathroom hang on the side of the tub till they are dry and then they go in the laundry in the hall with all the other laundry.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 6:51 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I throw them in the washer and wash with the next load. If they need to be washed again, they go into the next wash of whites with bleach.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:52 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I just put wet things on the side of the hamper until dry and then throw it in.
    When the hamper gets taken downstairs and everything gets separated, the towels and washcloths (dry, of course) are placed in their own pile. They don't smell up the clothes once they are dry, and our hampers are brought down at least every 2-3 days so things don't sit in them too long anyway.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:52 PM on May. 20, 2009

• U let them dry and then throw it in the hamper.
    PrettyP.

Answer by PrettyP. at 4:10 PM on May. 21, 2009