I have cheap little steaks, any way to make them tender?

I'm already marinading in a yummy marinade with oil and vinegar, can I slow cook them..? I was planning to grill them but I don't know how they'll taste...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• you can pound them thinner with a meat tenderizing hammer(or use a rolling pin, ect), place the steaks between 2 sheets of plastic wrap spinkled with seasoned meat tenderizer and think of something mildly irriatating and pound away lol. Grilling should be fine, just make sure the het is not ragingly hot and turn frequently.happy eating!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:50 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I maranade cheap steaks in Coke or Dr Pepper for 24 hours, the acids seem to break it down a lot
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 6:53 PM on May. 20, 2009

• cook in crock pot for hours
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 7:00 PM on May. 20, 2009

• You can get a lot of great steak marinades at the grocery store. A1 steak sauce has a great one--whatever you pick-just do it for 24hrs and it usually always ends up tender and yummy!
    melmel1021

Answer by melmel1021 at 8:04 PM on May. 20, 2009

• We don't have a meat tenderizer so what we do is lay the steak down on the table and hit good all over with the edge of a saucer and then we turn it over and do the same thing to the other side. It works on our steaks.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 9:32 PM on May. 20, 2009

• cooking in a crockpot with liquid will tenderize even the worst cut of meat.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:20 PM on May. 20, 2009

• salt
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:49 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I would not grill them. You have to either bake them for a long time on a low heat , or use a crock pot.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:47 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Cheap steak? Grind it up and make burgers.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:55 AM on May. 23, 2009

• The only steaks we ever buy are the cheap ones. We marinate them for several hours, in different things. Our favorite is KC Masterpiece Chipotle Lime and then grill them. They always turn out good.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:20 AM on May. 23, 2009