im 16 weeks pregnant and havent felt my baby move

hi i found out i was pregnant March 3, 2009. i was shocked and happy. im keeping my baby.... at the time i found out i was pregnant i weighed 153, now im 16 weeks pregnant and i weigh 138......last time i been to the doctors was April 30. and i heard the baby heart beat but everyone i know their baby has already felt their baby move at this stage, but i havent is their a promblem with my baby????????? im scared. i still be vommiting, and my stomach has pains for a little while then they'll stop is that the baby moving around or no. please help me

nieka08

Asked by nieka08 at 7:05 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You could be having braxton hicks. Also if this is your 1st pregnancy then it is normal not to feel your baby at 16 weeks.
    Anonymous

• I didn't feel my son until 24 weeks. Depending on the position of the placenta could affect feeling the movements as well.
    Anonymous

• most girls dont feel there baby move until anywhere between 18-23 weeks sometimes later- I didn feel my little peanut until 23 weeks and the doctor said that was COMPLEATLY normal- most people confuse movements with gas that early on-if your23 weeks and still havent felt the baby than be worried, until than dont stress because thats bad for your little one!
    Calm down mama!
    Your FINNNEE
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 7:08 PM on May. 20, 2009

• as for the pains-its prolly not Braxton this early- Growing pains sounds more like it
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 7:10 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I was about 20 wks when i first felt my baby move. Dont stress yourself out about it im sure everything is fine =) The pains are most likley your uterus getting bigger.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:12 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Congrats on your pregnancy hope all goes well!
    Shelii

• I haven't heard of anyone feeling their baby move that early. I felt my son at 18 weeks (my doc said that was early) and my daughter a lil later than that.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 7:18 PM on May. 20, 2009

• 16 weeks is still a little early for feeling movement, especially if its your first. Some people dont "feel" anything until 23+ weeks. Then again, you may have felt it and not known it. The first movements dont feel like hard kicks. More like really soft flutters.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:27 PM on May. 20, 2009

• i lost weight until about the 5th or 6th month of my pregnancy -not by choice-with my dd (now 1.5 years). i also didnt feel her move until almost then too. i thought there was something wrong too or that i wasnt a good mother already! but one night on the way back from getting dinner with my huibby i felt her move-granted it was to tool for some reason but she moved- so i wouldnt worry bout it. your baby will move when its ready.
    Anonymous