Tanning during pregnancy?

I am currently 7 months pregnant, and work at a tanning salon. I seen another lady come in and bed tan and she was about 7 mons. also. Has anyone else tanned during pregnancy?

mommyofone32408

Asked by mommyofone32408 at 7:11 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• omg.... its NOT allowed!!!! Tan outside all you want but NOT in a salon. Their are signs and you working in one should be aware of that. Shes insane!!! Dont allow her to tan, why would you accept payment from a pregnant women. WOW!!!!!
    Anonymous

• You should know the rules and laws..........NO!!!! I think the spray tan is ok, I have a friend who did that pregnant, but I'm pretty sure all the paperwork says not to pregnant women. I agree with the prior poster 110%

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:24 PM on May. 20, 2009

• You can tan while your pregnant. I have talked to my dr about it and he said as long as i dont get over heated and stay hydrated there isnt any effects on the baby. Also, there is NO WHERE that says its absolutely not safe to tan while pregnant. People are so freakin paranoid.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:25 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Don't tan in a tanning bed while pregnant!! It's not healthy!! I used to work at Palm Beach Tan and this was a topic among many at a training session I had to go to. The reasons behind not tanning while pregnant are these: You're not supposed to lay on your back while pregnant...it puts pressure and cuts off blood flow on the veins that carry blood to your baby. Also, the heat that's generated from the tanning bed is not good for baby. Read this article on more about why tanning in a tanning bed while pregnant is NOT advisable. You're best bet if you want some color is to use the sunless tanning booth if you have one where you work.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/237169/should_you_use_a_tanning_bed_while.html?cat=5
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 7:25 PM on May. 20, 2009

• 1) not all tanning beds are "lay down beds".
    2) there are alot of tanning salons that will allow you to tan with a permission note from the dr.
    3) I havent talked to a dr that has said that its not safe at all. In fact the ones I have spoken with have said with the proper precautions, its fine.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:30 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Ummmm........you are microwaving your insides, isn't that where the baby is? If you can't give this up for 9 months..........enough said.
    Anonymous

• Did u tan while you were pregant?
    mommyofone32408

Answer by mommyofone32408 at 7:31 PM on May. 20, 2009

• my mom said that it cooks you from the inside out so it is defiantly not safe. i wouldn't do it i wouldn't risk it.
    hannahmoss

Answer by hannahmoss at 7:48 PM on May. 20, 2009

• you ARE ALLOWED to tan while youre pregnat, just in a stand up bed as opposed to the lay down. the stand ups have no tops and do not trap heat the way lay down ones do, there for you wont get over heated unless you do the full time. I wouldnt say do the whole 15 minutes, do 5-7 instead.
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 8:07 PM on May. 20, 2009