Is it okay to take a American Girl doll look alike (from Target) into the actual American Girl doll store? And, to eat with us in the cafe?

PAPNichole

Asked by PAPNichole at 7:40 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Shopping

• Idk we dont have those stores here where I live.
    Anonymous

• Why would you even take a look alike doll into an American Girl store?
    Anonymous

• I don't see why not. Honestly, the Ameican Girl store represents everything that is wrong with capitalism. If you are planning to go to the one in Chicago, contact me and I can let you know about great, inexpensive (or free) activities to do with kids.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:20 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My daughter is 5 and when she was 2, I gave her a Bitty Baby. Well, the doll has since disappeared, so I was hoping to at least wait until she is older to give her such an expensive doll. She received the Target look alike for her birthday from my sister. We are going to the American Girl store with friends that plan on buying their daughter a doll. I think it would be fun to go and let my daughter buy some clothes for her doll. I can't imagine trying to explain why she can't take her doll while her friend can have one in the store. And, in all honesty, I don't know if we will ever buy her a "true" AG doll. I never had such an expensive doll.

Rkoloms, yes, we are going to the Chicago store, I would love to hear about the activities you were talking about. I will try to contact you through your profile. I am kind of new to this, so I am not sure how to go about doing that, but I will try.
    PAPNichole

Answer by PAPNichole at 9:30 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Unless they have a sign posted "no imposters" then I'd say it's ok. Just say she's a wannabe.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:18 PM on May. 20, 2009

• lol admckenzie! too funny! Truthfully the people in stores selling overpriced stuff right now don't care what you bring in as long as they make money off of you somehow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on May. 21, 2009

• IDK. I bought a Just Like me doll from AM and want to do the same with it.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:21 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it... most "look a likes' are manufactured by the same companies anyways, with left over materials.. I know we did a lot of that in a few of the factories I worked at.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:55 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Don't think there's a law against it--yet...Obama will probably screw that freedom up for people too. Take you wanna-be wherever you want until the socialist govt takes away that right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 AM on May. 23, 2009