i need to vent and think about how i should handle this cause i am tired of it already!!

I am so tired of cleaning and then hear my 2 older childern whine about cleaning, then i also have a problem with my childern not repecting my house, my hubby is deployed and i am a single parent as of now. My 4 year old got ahold of banans and i have that all over my carpet, toys all over my older son who is 9 leaves pop cans all over takes my pillows off my couch and tries to make a fort. and i need help on my kids cause4 i swear i am going to be depressed my next week any ideas i need to hear them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• tell them that your the mom and there gonna listen to you- stand over your 4 year old and MAKE her pick up her toys, dont walk away until there ALL picked up- let her cry, let her scream, Let her throw her self on the floor if she must but dont walk away and dont do it for her, help her, direct her, and see her through it ALL, all her toys up.
    For your 9 year old walk him through the house and make him pick up and empty all this pop cans- than all the trash and take it out.
    when he grabs your pillows tell him that forts are fun, and you think it great he likes to play with them but he has a room for a reason and to make it there, if he chooses not to listen make him recycle all the cans and crush them as punnishment-
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 8:05 PM on May. 20, 2009

• P.s tell him if he cant pick up his pop cans that you wont be buyin cokes anymore or he wont be welcome to them anymore-
    personally hes 9 I would push juice boxes and milk and teas or lemonades and not cokes but it shouldnt matter, if he cant pick up his mess than remove the temptation to leave his cans around by not givin it to him
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 8:07 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Okay, the bad news is that 4 year old boys, in my experience, do not respect things and do not really get it. However, the nine year old is something you can deal with. My older daughter and I just had this issue recently, and I came up with this solution... (with her, it was leaving her shoes and coat in front of the door instead of two steps further in a basket and on a hook). The new rule is this...when she dumps her stuff on the floor and I find it, I make her pick up the entire downstairs (including her siblings things). She is being a lot more conscientious, and if she isn't I still win out by having my downstairs picked up. Win! Win! It also has made my 4 year old boy take notice, and once in a while, put his things where they are suppose to go as well. You may have to be depressed a few more times before they realize that mom really means business, but after that a little sanity may creep back in!
    batikeggartist

Answer by batikeggartist at 8:08 PM on May. 20, 2009

• One.. try doing a chart for them.. make a list of DO NOTS, and a list of DO'S.. if they do all their does, and don't do any of their do nots.. find a way to reward them.. if they don't follow the list, take something away. Ex.. son won't clean up pop cans after he is done drinking them... stop allowing him to have pop for a few days..
    or if they do everything.. maybe take them out for ice cream or putt putt, etc.

If all else fails, there is always Nanny 911
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:46 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Maybe not let your 9 year old have soda? lol. I would maybe make a rule that he can have one every Friday until he learns to clean up his mess.
    As for the forts, you should be encouraging the creativity but making him clean it up afterwards...
    Anonymous

• 1) put the small ones in a safe place there room in there crib or with the door fence. Tell your older son to go to his room. And then go to your room close the door and just relax. even if it's for 10 min. the quiet will calm u down. Then take a shower dress yourself and do what all these other ladies are telling u, u should do. If not make your oldes in charge of the young ones in the room till u get the house together then sit down and tell him he needs to help u out.
    PrettyP.

Answer by PrettyP. at 3:52 PM on May. 21, 2009