Babies not growing..??

My son was born at 5lbs 2oz and 19 1/2 inches long he was born 6 weeks early and since birth he has had a great curve with his growth but at his one year appt,he started to slip of his growth curve at his one year he was 17lbs 7oz and 27 3/4 inches long well today we had a follow up its been about 2 months since his last check up and he was only 18lbs 3oz and has not got taller they did a bunch of test on him and everything looked great they had a specialist come in and check him for dwarfism and they said that is not the case,Has anyone ever had a child that did this and turned out fine or does anyone know what could be wrong with my baby?? Thanks.. If you need more info please PM me..

babydsmommy18

Asked by babydsmommy18 at 7:53 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Health

• well my middle chilc was born a normal 6 pounds 8 ounces and 21 inches. Then immediately fell off the growth chart . At a year my ped. wanted to do testing and it took me alittle while longer but he has a pitutary problem and does not make his own growth hormone. More common in boys than girls. That was his cause and I'm not saying it's your child's but that is our experience. At 5 he was wearing 3ts. At 12 after many years of nighly hormone shots and 4 yearly visits to an endrinologist the boy is almost as tall as me. However he will never be as tall as his dad who's 6'3" but probably mid 5 ish. You want to talk about this more just PM me.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:18 AM on May. 21, 2009

• My oldest didn't grow from the time he was a year until he was 18 months. Then at 18 months he just shot up and is back where he should be. He just had his 2 year check up and is fine. Maybe that is the case for your little one?
    sylviapike26

Answer by sylviapike26 at 2:55 PM on May. 21, 2009