What do you do for an earache?

My girl is occasionally batting at her ear and whining. Mom in law says to blow smoke in her ear but a lot of what she says I believe are old wives tales. What do you do?

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 8:14 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dont blow smoke in her ear that is one of the #1 causes of ear aches and infections... take a cotton ball and put a little rubbing alcohol on it and ring it all out and just lightly put it in her ear for about an hr, if it dont go away you will probably have to take her to the doc. also give her a small amount of tylonal to help with the pain
    Anonymous

• i am not sure if this is true but one of my friends said to poor a little proside in the ear and also someone else said to use sweet oil, but sometimes you can do that stuff and they still need an antibiotic for it so I would just take her to the doctor instead
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:18 PM on May. 20, 2009

• tylenol and go to the doc, prob an ear infection
    NO SMOKE IN THE EAR
    lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:20 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Give her motrin until you can get her into the doctors! If you dont get that taken care of it can lead to hearing loss!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:21 PM on May. 20, 2009