• In the Spotlight:

Question to Mommies who bled/spotted brown through out your pregnancy

I had a bleed last week. Went to the ER..my cervix was closed and the baby was fine on ultrasound. The ER said to have a check up with my OB within 48 hours.. OB said she didn't need to see me until my next appointment on June 23rd. I have spotted brown on and off all week but I have a home doppler and the baby has a strong heartbeat and I can feel movement...

Do you think I will be coded "High Risk"? Were you coded High Risk? I am gonna be a mess until I get to the doctor again. I would change doctors but we have Military Insurance, Tricare Prime, so I have to see the doctors on base..

aimige

Asked by aimige at 8:24 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was but for other reasons the brown spotting is completely normal and no as long as the baby is fine and has a strong heartbeat they wotn put you as high risk
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:27 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Some women spot during pregnancy. But I could also be a sign of UTI (urinary tract infection).
    Anonymous

• the bleeding came from my vagina... When I asked where the blood came from I kept getting the answer "we don't have your ultrasound reports". They never said "take a few days and rest"...all they said was we will see you in June and oh you might get some "brown" spotting..
    aimige

Answer by aimige at 8:31 PM on May. 20, 2009

• the brown spotting is like old blood adn sometimes just the discharge i had it the whole pregnancy
    if it gets an odor or burns or itchs when you pee then it may be infectionother then taht just keep drinking water and try a panty liner
    i woudlnt worry about it
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:33 PM on May. 20, 2009