The Pitbull Debate

Im currently enrolled in the International Academy of Design and Technology. Im going for my Associates Degree in Digital Photography.
One of my courses is Interpersonal Relations aka Public Speaking/ Speech.
This weeks assignment consists of writing a speech of persuasion.
Ive decided to do mine on how the pitbull breed IS good.
Ill write on the pros of the breed, but Ill also discuss the negativity of alot of peoples outlook on the breed.
Ill do the reserch, but I wanted a true persentage of people, also, to present in my speech.
So, please, If you can, visit my journal post and choose one of the poll options.
http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1469319/The_Pitbull_Debate
Feel free to express your opinion or any factual information youd be willing to share.
I truly appreciate it!
Thank~you, all =)

TheLostMuppet

Asked by TheLostMuppet at 8:36 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Pets

• i was going to go to that school. it's not accredited, they say they are, but it's not. and they let color blind people attend for interior design degrees. they were on the news.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:26 AM on May. 21, 2009

• www.thetruthaboutpitbulls.com
    Elijahsmommy9

Answer by Elijahsmommy9 at 1:22 AM on May. 21, 2009

• it depends on how u raise them
    blayzesmommy08

Answer by blayzesmommy08 at 1:29 AM on May. 21, 2009

• like any dog breeding (backyard breeders suck) , training and how it was raised come into play. We had rotties growing up , another dog with bad rap, and none of our dogs attacked anyone. I personally think smaller dogs are more apt to bite than a larger one. However a larger dog does more damage hence the rap of being a viscious dog. Any dog can chase a running person and bite. Sorry even domestication has not breed that pack mentality out of them. A dog will also defend it's territory (your house and yard), its pack members(your family) and most dogs give fair warning. People are crazy and breed related dogs, don't get the fixed so they can see puppies and dog with medical issues that make them mean. I fully agree don't blame the breed blame the breeders/owners. A pet own has responsibilites.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:33 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I have a pitbull and my son lives with us they sleep together my son lays on top of him the worst my pitbull has ever done is cover him with slober from his giant tongue. lol
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 9:16 AM on May. 21, 2009

• We are pit lovers and have had our pit baby since she was 12 weeks old. She just turned 6 years old. We've never had an incident with her or our 3 small children.

Common misconceptions; their jaws lock (they don't), being animal aggressive means they'll be human aggressive (it doesn't), their brains get too big for their heads (dumbest thing I've ever heard). I'm going to follow your link. I hope your paper goes well!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:44 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I love ours. She's as sweet as can be. She's very good with the kids. She's a people pleaser and lover. But she barks too much.
    Still, she's so much better than our little dog. He barks at everything, and growls at people on walks. I would love if his family would just take him back.

I always found that one amusing...about their brains getting too big for their heads. Who comes up with this stuff?!
    MomEveryDay

Answer by MomEveryDay at 7:42 PM on May. 21, 2009

• "they let color blind people attend for interior design degrees"

And your point is?

_Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 8:46 PM on May. 22, 2009

• "it's not accredited, they say they are, but it's not."

Also, there are different kinds of accreditations. Doing thorough research will ensure that it's right for what YOU want. Digital Photography isn't something that you have to go to a top school for. Most of the people I know who are successful in any kind of media (videography, photography, etc) have never even been to school for it. You just don't have to. You can learn everything you need on your own, or with help from others, and if you're willing to do a LOT of volunteer work, you're just as likely (if not more, because people already know you) to get paid jobs as you would if you had gone to school for it.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 8:49 PM on May. 22, 2009