Is there anything I can do to get my baby's nose to stop running?

My DD had an fever ear infection and they put her on Amoxicillion (sp?) like almost 2 weeks ago. But, now its better and she seems better, but her nose is still running. Well, I can't put her in day care with a running nose and I really need to go back to work. Is there anything I can do to help it stop running? I do run a humidifier when she sleeps.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried little noses? Its over the counter saline drops safe for babies. Its worked for me everytime!
    JennO2

Answer by JennO2 at 8:52 PM on May. 20, 2009

• No I haven't even heard of it. Thank you, I'll try that.
    Anonymous

• Wow. First time I've ever heard of a daycare refusing to take a kid because of a runny nose. Good luck! I hope she gets over her cold soon. (antibiotics do nothing for a cold)
    Anonymous

• Maybe it is allergies.
    Anonymous

• You have to remember that the after affects of a cold can last about 6 weeks. That means the coughing and runny nose. I wish you luck. We just put a couple of drops of Afrin in my DD's nose tonight so that she can sleep. I will work for about 12-16 hours for her. Her pedi has advised me to do this in the past.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:15 PM on May. 20, 2009