As a SAHM/WAHM/Working Mom, what do you do that's "just for you?"

I worked for the first 9 years of my marriage before I became a stay-at-home mom. I've been a SAHM now for nearly 6 years. To be truthful, I've become very bored. I have and continue to decorate my house, have fun with my kids, volunteer, do a little traveling, etc., but I really missed working and having some real "just for me" time. So I decided to do some research on real jobs I can do at home for real money, and I decided on becoming a medical transcriptionist because it really fits my personality, will give me some time for myself, money for myself and extra fun money for my family.

What about you? How long have you been a SAHM/WAHM/Working Mom? What do you do that's "just for you?"

Lifevenus

Asked by Lifevenus at 8:42 PM on May. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Just over 5 years.

I have too much going on with the kids to even begin to worry about me.
    Anonymous

• I understand your situation and am also a bit bored....can I say that? Is it pc? I still force a trip in every three years to someplace big. That's what I do for myself and often with my family.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:37 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I take baths, I go somewhere by myself. I go walking on sundays while hubby keeps the kiddo, I do little things for myself. Just a short trip alone once a week help
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:51 PM on May. 20, 2009