I need to learn how to knit! Ahh any help?

What books can I get to help me? Where can I get them? I'm in photography(photographer) and need props but I cant afford $50 baby beanies so I need to make them for myself.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:57 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Try a tutorial on youtube.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:06 PM on May. 20, 2009

• www.knittinghelp.com is great for learning with online videos. I learned from a CD-rom I bought at Joann's for $10. I had tried in the past to learn to knit from a book and just couldn't visualize what my hands needed to do in order to make the stitch.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:11 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Michael's has classes for like fifteen bucks. For me crocheting is way easier! There are also Idiots Guides to both crocheting and knitting.
    sweetpea532

Answer by sweetpea532 at 10:07 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Michaels no longer offers classes. They stopped about a year ago. They do however sell a book called knitting for dummies.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:11 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Honestly, go to your local Community Senior Center. No, not the nursing home, although that would be a great idea! I am talking about the Senior Activities Center, if your town has one. Talk with the event coordinator of the center about any of the ladies that come in who might know how to knit.

This is a good idea if you have a local nursing home. Having some of the residents work with you and teach you how to knit would give them something to do, an outlet of sorts, to keep them active. It is also a great outreach! If they get into the whole craft thing with you, you could actually sell the props they help you make and they could make some money! My mom, aunt and I are taking a bunch of handcrafts we have made/will be making to a craft sale this fall at the nursing home my great uncle lives in. It's going to be so much fun!
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 10:56 PM on May. 20, 2009

• great idea gypsy!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:02 PM on May. 20, 2009