ex husband....necklace

I can not stand my ex husband but I tolerate him for the kids sake. He had not seen his kids since the first of march and that was only for about an hour in wal-mart which he took them to mcdonalds (in walmart) and followed me and my 4 year old around the rest of the time. Him and his wife are finally getting a divorce thank god!!! Well he decided this weekend he wanted to see the kids and he arranged to meet us in town. He said he only had 100.00 to last him for 2 weeks until he gets paid well what did he do he took the kids to walmart and bought me a 15.00 necklace and said it was for mothers day. He has 3 kids if he was gonna spend 15.00 why didnt he give them 5 a piece instead of buying me something. He hasnt bought them anything since mcdonalds he does pay child support only because its taken out of his check and it isnt much. I hated to say no to the necklace because the kids helped pick it out what would you do or say

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 8:58 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I guess it was nice that man thinks in ridiculas way just let that one go .He knew you wouldnt rejected it cuz of the kids
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 9:01 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Think of it as a gift from the kids not him.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 9:02 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Thank you - to your children. It was from them, and they helped pick it out.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 9:07 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I'd just say thank you. He tried to do something nice for the kids by buying that for you from them

Answer by admckenzie at 9:48 PM on May. 20, 2009

• At least you were thought of by your ex. I can't get my dh to buy me anything. I have been a mom for almost six years and have yet to get a gift for Mothers Day.
    sweetpea532

Answer by sweetpea532 at 9:53 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I buy my ex fathers day presants for my dd all the time. Is it because I want to get him something no. It is because she does and she picks it out I just pay for it. It is something I do for her not for him. Maybe this is the same thing.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:03 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I think it's sad that your upset you got a gift regardless of the reason.
    ShoesRLove

Answer by ShoesRLove at 10:42 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I think that was sweet, he was acknowleding you as his kids mom and trying to do something nice, even though he didn't have a lot of money. I would just say thank you for the gift.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:01 PM on May. 20, 2009