• In the Spotlight:

The 2000's....Is it a curse?

Please don't tell me since 2000 came along, everything has gone bad. Is it me, or does it just seem that way?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 9:03 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• people expect the worst so it happens
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:06 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Ever since 9/11 we seem to be walking on eggshells ...
    Anonymous

• If you look through history you will see a trend. 20's- good, 30's- bad, 40's- good, 50's and 60's- okay, 70's- bad, 80's- good, 90's really good, and now it is time for another bad time frame. Things will pick up eventually and you will go through this again at some point in your life. The best thing is to be prepared.

Anonymous

• I've realized I'm young so I haven't seen a lot.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:11 PM on May. 20, 2009

• "It is always darkest before the dawn."
    Believe that good things will come to us, but we must first go through the bad in order to appreciate the good when it finally comes along.
    At least we are all going through this together.
    {HUGS}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:14 PM on May. 20, 2009

• As soon as I got to the age where I am not in my parents' house, things turn for the worst and I have no idea what to do. :-(
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:15 PM on May. 20, 2009

That's what happened to my mom. She got her first job out of high school and a month later she was laid off because of the economy. She told me she went home and cried because she took it personally. I read your journal post about what you wanted to do. Not sure about the jobs in your area but I know in my area there are several job openings for CNA's and there is a program where you can complete your CNA certificate in 6 weeks for $600 (financial aid available). I would check to see if there is anything like that in your area. Now is the time to build up your skills so when the economy does get better, you will have the skills you need to get the job you want. Good Luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:22 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I do have a cna license but I need to renew it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:25 PM on May. 20, 2009

• You're not the only one. Ever since 2001, life has been more down than up here.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:22 AM on May. 21, 2009