ugh

i feel like total shit about myself since having my baby - My weight and body i just hate so much. I love my daughter and when i get in these moods i just look at her and it doesnt matter what my body looks like... but my boyfriend constantly makes comments if he see's a good looking skinny girl on tv... yes this is totally allllll my insecurities but i cant help it... i hate my body and myself and i wanna find ways to get my self esteem up.... i lost weight since having her but im not like i use to be, which i know i never will but i wanna try my best to get back to it.... any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• "The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." - Rajneesh

I love that quote, I think it speaks to me as a new mom. I get upset at my "new" body, but there are some things that are not going to change. I am doing my best to loose the extra weight, but I can't do anything about the fact that my breasts resemble tube socks, lol. I am learning to move forward as the new me, its not easy by any means. But I have learned that I can't change what "is", but I will make the best if what I have. And I have a beautiful little girl who doesn't care what I look like, she just loves me for who I am - mommy :)

Kiiimmm

Answer by Kiiimmm at 11:34 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Id smack his
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 9:08 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I know how you can loose 180lbs easy...dump the jerk who is making your insecurities worse.

My dh would never speak like that around me. You need to make sure he knows how hurtful he is being to you.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:08 PM on May. 20, 2009

• You've just got to learn to be happy with what you have. I used to be a really skinny girl with nice curves. Then i had my two babies and that changed, i'm left with this belly that i've been having a hard time losing, besides my belly, i wouldn't say i wasn't fat at all, but i've learned how to dress, and buy tops that don't make me look like a whale and honestly, i feel i'm really sexy! I do feel a lot better when i get up, get dressed nicely, use my makeup, and do my hair. You just have to be comfortable with it.
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 9:46 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Try to make yourself walk an hour a day, and surround yourself with positive people. That's what I'm trying to do and some days it helps.
    Anonymous

• Are you sitting around in sweats all day? If so, try showering when you have the chance and take 10-15 minutes to do your hair and makeup, and put on some decent clothing. I am always amazed how much better I feel about myself when I take the time to do my hair/makeup/clothes and it makes me more confident and happy as well. Brisk walks also help boost the mood and confidence. The only insecurity I have right now is the fact my left shoulder/arm is so much more muscular than my right from carrying my 24-pounds son everywhere! Lol. It looks weird. :)
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 12:29 AM on May. 21, 2009