John and Kate make me wonder...

Okay, so here goes. Everyone rant and raves about how Jon and Kate exploit their 8 children, and that they're only in it for the money. The kids aren't being harmed from filming, in 10 years, they're going to watch those tapes and think it's cool that they got the oppourtunity to be on TELEVISION. They'll always have tapes of the family trips, and holidays, and I see nothing wrong with that. If you were raised in a trailerpark, as Kate was, and didn't have much growing up, and you suddenly found out that by living your life everyday and getting it filmed, you could make $75,000 an episode, and there are 41 episodes in each season, would you let a camera crew in your life, to film moments that you otherwise would never be able to? I'd have to consider it... What about you? ( and give me your HONEST opinion, not some answer about how you think it's awful what they're doing.)

lynnseyfaye

Asked by lynnseyfaye at 9:13 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i definitely would- and the kids seem to enjoy the attention too so wuts the harm? as long as they stop if it starts to interfere with the kids
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:51 PM on May. 20, 2009

• wow.... 75k an episode? Oh yeah.... where do I sign up?? LOL!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:17 PM on May. 20, 2009

• No Thanks... I didn't grow up in a trailer park but I also didn't grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth. What I did grow up with was work ethic. We work hard for what we have, enjoy our life and keep to ourselves. I wouldn't want strange people around us every day. Money doesn't buy happiness... It's obvious, they don't look very happy and I don't watch the show,lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:19 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I would do! The kids are getting tons of opportunities that Jon and Kate would not be able to afford otherwise. And they seem happy to me.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:22 PM on May. 20, 2009

• i so agree with MrsLeftlane
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 9:23 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Money doesn't buy happiness -- Just what I was going to say MrsLeftlane.

I don't care how much money they would pay me, my children are my first priority and I think it would hurt them throughout the years. I could see how it would hurt my marriage. I can only imagine how stressful it would be to have strangers in your house taping everything that goes on. No, thank you.
    Anonymous

• Her children's welfare needs to come first. She is destroying her family. Money doesn't make the world go 'round. One of her twins has serious emotional problems...is Kate too busy jet-setting around the world to get her the help she needs? Her husband is possibly straying...her own brother is speaking out against her. What is it going to take to wake that woman up?

Taking trips around the country means nothing if your family is suffering.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:33 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I know I definately would. If I knew my son would get the oppourtunities that those kids get ( theme parks, zoo's, safari's, aquariums, HAWAII), I definately would. I've never gotten to do anything like that, and I think it would be great to give him those experiences.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 9:34 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Please bring your cameras! lol
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 9:42 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I agree fallaya, how much actual parenting can she be doing with the book tours, public speaking and on every other talk show you turn on. Those kids need stability not constant cameras shoved in there faces. There are cameras there when they are pooping, puking, fighting, eating, sleeping, you name it. How much down time do they get? How much one on one time with Mommy.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:46 PM on May. 20, 2009