What has the economy done to you?

Has it affected you? If it has, how? Just curious!

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 9:19 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My DH has been laid off since the second week in Jan. I work for a contractor, so things are booming for us thank God. I work 40+ hrs a week and he stays home with our LO's. We lost our insurance so we applied for help from the state and qualified. I don't care who bashes us for this, I am not so proud that I am willing to let my family go without medical care. When he gets called back we will drop it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:42 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Yes! My DH lost his job and I cannot find a good one, even though I have a Bachelor's Degree! It caused us to get in debt so bad b/c we were paying bills with credit cards and now we can't even pay our credit card minimums. My DH is working 2 full time minimum wage jobs and I'm working a part-time job and we still don't make enough. I want a good job so bad!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:22 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My hubby is currently unemployed and cannot find a job. I work 36.5-40hrs a wk. And have a daughter who will be 7yrs soon.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 9:26 PM on May. 20, 2009

• It honestly hasnt effected me at all. I still live the same, my bills are paid...so we are good
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 9:30 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My fiance' had to take a job traveling, and he isnt home very often. He can be gone for months at a time! I mean I really miss him and it is hard not having him here, but it is really hard on our son he is the one missing out!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 9:30 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My SO works in a cookie factory. They had a meeting the other day about the economy and said as far as they go, people are still snacking so they are ok! lol Isn't that strange!?? But anyhow, their biggest buyer is Walmart, if Walmart drops their business with them, we'd be in BIG trouble! I'm just happy that we are doing ok, and that i'm able to go to school. I'll be a nurse, so then we'll for sure be ok, people keep snacking and people keep getting sick!
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 9:37 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Financially, the economy hasn't hurt us much but alot of businesses are going out of business. Even the wal-mart here has empty shelves, so it's getting more difficult to find the things I need to run the house.
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 9:52 PM on May. 20, 2009

• It has affected me in the sense that the store I work at lost a volume code. Which means that I had to change positions and had to take a 4% pay cut. I know that that doesn't sound like much but it works out to be 39 cents an hour. That adds up fast. We aren't struggling any more than we were before but we got rid of the car that had a car payment on it still. We are just trying to coast through this.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:03 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Thankfully my Husbands job is doing well.. We are saving as much as we can in case of a rainy day, month, year....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:05 PM on May. 20, 2009

• We are having our best financial year ever. Saving more money than ever, hubby making more money than ever, everything is paid for, so its hasn't affected us in the least other than we can buy some stuff cheaper.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:19 PM on May. 20, 2009