I'm thinking about.....

Entering my 2 year old daughter into a pagent when she is about 3 1/2 or 4. I have always been one of those mothers that said "never" but we have been watching that show little pagents and my daughter just stays glued to to t.v. and says "look mommy princess". I just want to you mother's intakes on it. It would take some conveinceing for my fiancee' to go along with it. But I think it would be a great bonding expereince for my daughter and I.

mommy2_twins

Asked by mommy2_twins at 9:24 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yea and a lot of money i hope u got so that u and your fiancee won't grow apart because of this
    ZYONSHAKUR

Answer by ZYONSHAKUR at 9:31 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I feel sometimes some mothers take it too far and by doing so make its not so fun for the child anymore. I just think as long as it's for fun and is something she enjoys doing, i don't see why not. Maybe as she gets older, it'll be something she'll be really interested in and girls can end up winning scholarships for college and are looked as role models for their communities, getting involved in other programs, visiting nursing homes, performing at schools, etc. It can be a very positive thing. I'd talk it over with your fiancee and see how both of you feel about it.
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 9:33 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I was in them when I was little, and I'm still alive! Just dont go overboard like the moms on TV who give their 2 year old daughters spray tans, teeth whitening, fake eyelashes, fake nails, and shave their legs. I think that's a little much.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 9:40 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Those moms who go overboard - their kids are alive, too. :)
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:48 PM on May. 20, 2009

• It's nothing that I would allow my relationship with my fiancee' tarnish over, and to be honest I would consider the flippers..... now the tan well she's black and already has one of those and he nails are out of the question. I KNOW her father would NEVER let me put make-up on her and that I don't blame him for. I know it's pretty expensive and all but it"s just a thought. I may very well wait until she is old enought to ask, if she ask. But I do think it would be fun! I love dressing up and looking pretty and so does she!
    mommy2_twins

Answer by mommy2_twins at 9:53 PM on May. 20, 2009

• If it's fun for you and fun for her, why not? I wouldn't do the make up or anything, but children don't need it to be beautiful.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:23 PM on May. 20, 2009