Do You Live In Texas?

My husband and I are considering relocating to Texas. I have friends who live there, and their husbands' own a roofing company, so there is a good chance my husband would have a ready to go job. I just talked to my friend a little about it last night, but didn't ask anything about living costs. So, if you live in Texas, can you tell me what area, and a little about your living expenses? Rent (for what size place?), ultilities, food, etc. Thanks in advance =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• Every part of TX is different. You can go to remax.com & look at the area for houses that are for slae & rent. The website lists all of them through real estate companies.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:58 PM on May. 20, 2009

• The economy has hit us but not quite as bad as a lot of big cities. I live in Austin. Have a 5 bed two bath house in Round Rock *its a five minute drive to Austin* and we paid $285,000 for the house 5 years ago. The housing is going cheaper now bc people just want out. For rentals you can pay anything from $725 on up for a 3 bed 2 bath rent house. Utilities are high during the summer because its so hot here. I would say $300 a month for our house but we like to keep it around 73 in our home and we have a pool so you could go way cheaper I'm sure. We'd love to have you !
    Anonymous

• I live in West Texas and the economy here isn't feeling it as bad as the rest of the country. The rent around here is around 500ish for a 1 bdrm apt and around 800 for a 2 bdrm and we usually pay around 120 for electric. The food is alright...I mean with coupon cutting and watching for deals you can grocery shop for very cheap. It isn't a bad economy here. It's a little rough but not terrible.
    amyt89

Answer by amyt89 at 1:53 PM on May. 21, 2009