I am 30 weeks and 2 days((with twins)) and my water broke this morning...

Did anyone have twins around this time? Did they survive? Are they healthy? I am so nervous since I am not due until the end of July! Help me please!

drmommy05

Asked by drmommy05 at 9:55 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• IF your water broke you need to go to L&D because your babies may not have enough water to survive.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:57 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Please get to the hospital!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:01 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Once your water breaks you need to get to the hospital ASAP!!
    Anonymous

• Oh I am already here!
    drmommy05

Answer by drmommy05 at 10:03 PM on May. 20, 2009

• twins usually are born around 30weeks
    Anonymous

• Mine were born 33W2D and are fine. A friend had theirs at 29W2D and they are fine, too. They'll probably be in a high level NICU for a while before they come home. Mine were in there for 11 days. They had to be able to maintain their temp, have no breathing issues and take full feedings. My friends were in their longer but everyone is totally healthy. Good luck!
    cleo1969

Answer by cleo1969 at 10:15 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I haven't had twins but I know a lot of people that have. They run in my family on both sides. Most people had their twins around 31-33 weeks. They all was fine. Had to be in the hospital a bit longer than a full term baby, but they all did great. Most of them are hyper teenagers now, you would have never guessed they was born that early.
    Anonymous

• Good luck with your labor and delivery. Hope your babies are born healthy! Congrats, Mom!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:58 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I am 26 weeks with twins and have been in the hospital here in Anchorage alaska for 6 weeks now. I have seen so many babies in the NICU born far earlier than 30 weeks. Twins included. Since you have made it past 24 weeks your babies have a 90% chance of survival. Try not to worry. Your babies will be in great hands where ever you deliver. Last week I got the privilege to hold a baby that was released to go home and had been born at 25 weeks weighing only 1 pound even. Relax and do what your Dr. says. Good luck and keep us informed.
    Angela
    parley74

Answer by parley74 at 2:18 AM on May. 21, 2009

• OK IF YOUR WATER BROKE WHY ARE YOU ONLINE???????????? GET TO THE HOSPITAL....GGEEEEEZZZZEEEE
    Anonymous