do you think crying and getting upset affects the baby while pregnant??

i have been upset crying for 2 days now i feel the baby moving more than before I'm 19 weeks

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 10:24 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes it does. Think about it, your heartrate changes when you are upset, your stomach can become upset, your blood pressure changes(raises usually)...all things that effect your baby. calm down sweetie. Think about that little life in there and try to calm down. I dont know why you are so upset but (hugsss) maybe that will help. its gonna be ok.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:27 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Not necessarily. I know it can't be 100% wonderful, but who doesn't get upset and cry once in a while.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:27 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I was getting really depressed and upset towards the end of my pregnancy. I discussed this with my ob/gyn and we decided when it was safe we would induce. I was worried that my stress was affecting the baby. Try to remain as happy as possible. I am so sorry about your feelings of sadness.
    Anonymous

• yea it does... they say your baby feels whatever you feel...

i would say just take a step back and relax... are you crying over something that can be changed or looked at in a better light?? try to remember your baby does feel sad when you do.. so be happy for them ♥

congrats on the baby.. hope things get better
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:37 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Why of coarse it does...But if your upset its better to let it out then keep it in... fine somwone yo can talk to and ease your emotions...Everything you do will effect the little one...That preious little one is attachted to yo and your feelings...fern
    fern624

Answer by fern624 at 11:07 PM on May. 20, 2009

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 11:14 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Yes, but every pregnant woman gets a little emotional over dumb things now and then. If your reason for being upset is bigger than that and a constant cause of stress, then I would be concerned.
    Just breathe, relax and remember that it wont last forever. Sooner than you realize you will have a beautiful baby in your arms to remind you of the gazillion things there are in life to smile about. :)
    Hope you feel better!
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:18 PM on May. 20, 2009

• It was really rough emotionally while I was pregnant. I cried & got upset a lot b/c I was dealing w/ a lot of crap from my BF later on in my pregnancy. I got VERY upset and there were times when my fetus would kick really hard. I thought he'd be a miserable baby & it took so much for me to calm myself down and try to relax for his sake. My baby is totally fine & happy & wonderful.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 11:22 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I'm not sure but I have heard that a lot of stress isn't good for the baby
    Charitygail

Answer by Charitygail at 9:07 AM on May. 27, 2009