No poop for days and out of town

My daughter and I are on vacation and she hasn't pooped for going on four days. Everytime she eats she cries and it's getting to the point where she doesn't want to eat or drink because it hurts (she's ten months). I've tried prune juice, fiber bars and they haven't worked. I'd take her to the doctor, but like I said I'm out of town. Any suggestions?

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 10:33 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my doctor did this try it it might help some a thermonter sorry i hope im spelling it right but the tip in back an forth or gass relief you might want to call a pharmiest too sorry about the spelling
    Anonymous

• Massage her little tummy. It may get things moving. Also bananas usually help. Give her as many as she'll eat.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 10:41 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Fleets makes infant liquid (gel-like) suppositories you can buy over the counter. I had to use them for my son when he was an infant a couple times. If you do use it, make sure you get the diaper on fast - it could work as fast as a minute or two. there should be a "dial a nurse" number you could call at the local hospital too if you have more questions.
    shaklee_momma

Answer by shaklee_momma at 10:42 PM on May. 20, 2009

• use a q-tip with vaseline on the tip and gentle go around the anal are,dont' insert to far and get ready it will come out. My pedi, told me about this one, it areally works.
    Anonymous

• A tablespoon of brown sugar in 4 oz of formula/breastmilk and she will go within a day. It works for my daughter every time.
    Anonymous