When is the best time to take a pregnancy test?

I am three months post partum and feel so crappy. We had sex three weeks ago and ever since then I've been tired, nauseous, headachie, very light spotting a few days after, weak, and such. I bought a pregnancy test and was wondering if it is too early to use it since it was only three weeks ago and I don't know when my missed period is because I am breast feeding.

Should I take it in the morning or wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In the morning,for sure. Its possible to get pregnant while nursing. Even this soon. My MIL had her two kids 10 months apart because she thought breast feeding would prevent pregnancy. Ha. But you might just be worried and tired from new baby stuff.
    Anonymous

• three weeks is prolly more than enough time to wait to take a test- Take it
    and good luck.....I think?
    3 months PP, I think I pretty much would kill myself If I got knocked up again, but it your excited, than so am I
    I ♥ Mommy's
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:35 PM on May. 20, 2009

• if you suspect you're preggo, take the test in the morning since the hormone level is at its highest. have you gotten your period yet? if you have, has it been at least 30 days since? keep in mind that you were preggo for 9 months, and are breastfeeding, so it is normal for the period to be delayed. but doesnt hurt to double check! GL.
    Anonymous

• If you are fully breastfeeding and not supplementing at all and not pumping but nursing full time, then I really doubt that you are. But to answer your question, a test will generally come up positive about 2 weeks after ovulation, so if you think you are, and you are certain it happened about 3 weeks ago, it should give you a correct result. GL on whatever result you get.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:36 PM on May. 20, 2009

• When you are pregnant, you are always guaranteed a positive result. ha ha ha...sorry I couldn't help myself.

Anyway, In the morning your urine has concentrated levels of hcg, so if you want the most accurate result, take it in the morning.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:36 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Nowadays, anytime. It used to be that you had to take it first thing in the morning, when your urine had been in your bladder the longest amount of time to collect enough hcg, the pregnancy hormone. Now they detect much, much smaller amounts so you can test at anytime.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 10:37 PM on May. 20, 2009

• First thing in the morning seems to be the best time to take a test.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:43 PM on May. 20, 2009

• sure, take it and see what it says and let us know

Answer by admckenzie at 11:14 PM on May. 20, 2009