can caffeine get into my breast milk?

And if it can, what will it do to my baby? She is almost 6 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes it can. I wouldn't recommend having large amounts of caffeine while breastfeeding, or any caffeine for that matter. If you can't eat and drink properly while breast feeding, you may want to consider formula, at least you won't be getting extra crap in it that can harm your child.
    Anonymous

• Yes it can, so keep it in moderation, it might make your baby more hyper or fussy or harder to put down,or it might not effect her that much. Like alcohol I would recomend trying to time it right after a feeding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Yes, it can get into breastmilk. Some kids can handle it alright, but my son was really colicky with caffeine.
    ke11yturtle

Answer by ke11yturtle at 4:59 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I dont drink that much caffeine. Maybe a soda here and there. It doesnt seem to be doing anything to her. Shes never fussy and she always goes down easy.
    Anonymous