Military wives...?

Did your SO change from deployment or even basic training? Did he change for the better, the worse, or both? Just curious, what happened to your man?

Tickledtrauma

Asked by Tickledtrauma at 10:45 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Whether you asked this a few weeks ago and just didn't like that answers or you are someone new needing some help, here it is: Regardless of whether it is deployment or training, MILITARY LIFE CHANGES YOU! There are going to be things you will never understand about who your SO has become. They won't be able to talk to you about certain things and you will not always know what is happening. All you can do is support them and love them and keep your pants on when they are away (not directed specifically at you...just a generalization about the few spouses/SO's that make a bad impression for the majority of military families). My DH was in the Marines for 8 years over 14 years ago and there are STILL things he can't tell me. When my cousin gets home from work, his wife can ask him how his day. She understands that the answer will always be "Fine, dear." That's all he's allowed to say. They change. They are suppose to.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 11:15 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Didn't you ask this a few weeks ago? Or was that someone else. This seems like the same question.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 11:01 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I wouldn't be surprised if someone else asked the same question. But this is my first time asking it.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 11:14 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I think that as people we're constantly changing, military or not. I think sometimes the changes seem more drastic when the SO has returned from a long time away.

Boot camp/Tech school is where they break you in, take you all the way to your breaking point there isn't really a way to not be changed from that. Same with deployments, especially to a war zone.

prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:10 AM on May. 21, 2009