Does it matter who proposes or are you more traditional and think that the woman should never do so?

I am traditional and still believe in the old fashion idea that the man should pursue the woman and so on. How do you all feel?

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 10:48 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• When my husband proposed I thought it was the thing to do, wait for the man to propose. But these days I'd say it should be something talked about along with discussing major issues such as money management, child raising, goals, beliefs, family concerns, and so forth. When these issues are taken care of and both people feel comfortable then marriage should just come up in conversation and either person could say so when are we going to set the date. :) Unless the couple want tradition, I don't get the point of the guy needing to ask the girl to turn him down or accept him.

Answer by Bmat at 10:55 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I don't think either of us proposed, we were talking and just decided we should get married. We were gonna wait a year, but then he got orders for Bosnia. So we decided 'hey, why don't we get married next Wednesday?'
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 11:03 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Yeah, neither of us proposed we just talked about it and decided that is what we would do. And before then he said he knew how he wanted to propose to me, and I would joke around and ask him to marry me and he would say yes. So I know that he was thinking about it. Sometime I wish I did get the traditional proposal but... what can you do.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 11:13 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I want my man to ask me. I wouldn't propose to him but I don't think anything of it when a woman decides to do it. I just think she might be missing out on that whole proposal part of the process of wedding someone.
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 11:18 PM on May. 20, 2009