Should I settle for Him??

My son's dad has been in and out of jail since I got pregnant. My son is three now and barely knows his dad because I don't allow him to pop in and out of his life. Now his dad keeps writing me from jail again telling me he's madly iin love with me and wants us to be a family. My son ask for his dad a lot and when I date he has asked other guys if they could be his dad. What do I do????????

mommy1572905

Asked by mommy1572905 at 10:48 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Eeek, I wouldn't.
    Anonymous

• Well, for one, stop dating and confusing your poor son.
    Anonymous

• He sounds like a tool. I wouldn't get back together with him. It would be confusing to your baby if he is going back and forth to jail all the time. Stay single.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:55 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Well i mine u first need to look at ur situations can u keep putting up with a man in jail can that pay ur bills and is he willing to change and get a job or go to school something to make a living for u and ur child. think about ur son when u make decision
    ZYONSHAKUR

Answer by ZYONSHAKUR at 10:55 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I haven't been with him since i was pregnant but its hard to try and date because its confusing for my sonn but i dont wana be alone all the time...
    mommy1572905

Answer by mommy1572905 at 10:59 PM on May. 20, 2009

• You know that is just jailhouse talk. Men inside want desperately for someone on the outside to be there for them. Next he will want you sending him money and taking his collect calls. NO, tell him no. When he gets out he can prove himself but until then you can see other men. Now, let's talk about the little one. Who told him he had to have a daddy? Most little kids that age have no clue what a daddy is and if they don't have one they don't miss them or ask for one. Tell him the truth. He HAS a daddy and there is only one daddy but daddy can't be with him right now.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:09 PM on May. 20, 2009

• if you settle for him you're gonna feel that you could do better constantly.
    LilChynaDollie

Answer by LilChynaDollie at 11:43 PM on May. 20, 2009

• NEVER SETTLE. Period. If you think you are "settling" then you should run screaming the other way.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:16 AM on May. 21, 2009

• dont settle....he sounds like a loser and you should tell him that he needs to grow up so he can be in his sons life...
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 3:14 AM on May. 21, 2009