How much did your birth Cost?

I want to start trying to have another baby, and soon! but I want to make sure I can actually afford to have one. We want to go the hospital/birthing center route this time even though we had a wonderful home-birth expirience last time.
For a home birth it was about 3,600 for EVERYTHING, checkups, delivery, and followups.

How much was your birth? Did you have a hopsital birth? C-section? Epidural? What cost what?

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 10:49 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm not the best person to answer... my most expensive birth cost about $150 and that is including the very lovely La Bassine birth tub. ;-)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 10:51 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Oh... unassisted homebirth. Forgot to add that.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 10:53 PM on May. 20, 2009

• MIne didnt cost me a dime-but I have some goooood insurance!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:53 PM on May. 20, 2009

• well my DD was $47 total...BUT my hubs has AMAZING insurance...my son I can't really tell you because he was a preemie so there's more then just his birth....
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 10:55 PM on May. 20, 2009

• i didnt have to pay anything cuz i have medicaid, butttttt i saw the claim forms for how much it WOULDA cost me, n for the birth itself (reg vag del) it was $2700.
    the dr appts changed alot in the amount for me tho cuz i had toxemia n they had to do alot of things to/for me.
    momma323

Answer by momma323 at 10:57 PM on May. 20, 2009

• circ with son epi with both kids hospital stys: free! we have tricare
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 10:59 PM on May. 20, 2009

• We had Cigna which covered everything. I was surprised, I thought Cigna was pretty crappy.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:01 PM on May. 20, 2009

• homebirth including everything 1,800
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 11:04 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Mine was absolutely free. My Husband is part indian, and I'm not, but since I was pregnant with his child who would be part indian, I went to an indian hospital. My checkups, prenatal vitamins, ultrasounds, it was all free. I was lucky. I had a c-section, and I never saw a bill because indians are good at paying for things! =)
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 11:11 PM on May. 20, 2009

• MY birth or my childrens' births? LOL. My kids were all born in military hospitals and cost about $15.00-20.00. Nice,huh?
    Anonymous