My son is 13 months old and he has this biting thing going on...

He bites everything and of course me and when I give him a stern 'no', he thinks it's funny. Is this normal?

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 10:50 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes...just keep up with the sternness and it should pass, I had the same problem with my 5yr old when he was that young and I am now just waitin for my 10 month old to hit that stage O the fun LOL
    JessicaNichole

Answer by JessicaNichole at 10:55 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Yes, both of my girls did that and my mother told me to bite them back but I could never do that.

What I did do that seemed to work was smack them in the mouth when they bit. My sister put soap in their mouth but I couldn't do that either.

Aftetr a few smacks in the face they didn't do it anymore.

Good Luck.
    LuckyCharmed200

Answer by LuckyCharmed200 at 10:55 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Normal yes. You just have to enforce that this behavior is not acceptable and place him in timeout for doing it. The time out EVERY SINGLE TIME he bites something. He'll eventually stop, knowing that it'll result in a timeout, but it won't work unless u do it everytime. Good luck
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 11:13 PM on May. 20, 2009

• oh god my baby doin the same thing , but she is not laughin when u tell her no she puts her head down like a little puppy awwww then u feel bad and pick her up.
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 11:18 PM on May. 20, 2009

• It's probably a phase. But do tell him no. Here are some picture books about biting that might help him understand too http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom3-20?node=22&page=4

momjs

Answer by momjs at 3:09 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Oh gosh yes. My son did it all the time around this age. For my son it was cuz he was getting his teeth and it was painful so biting helped them come through faster. Try giving him things to chew on like a wash cloth or a paper towel watered then frozen. It will pass,it did my son. He only bits when he is pissed...thats not very often, thank goodness!!
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 3:23 AM on May. 21, 2009