When do you get rid of the pacifer??

He only chews on it when its nap time or bed time??

fern624

Asked by fern624 at 10:56 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids didn't have much of an interest after 1-3 months (I didn't give it to them much either, so they didn't know they were losing their pacifer).
    shaklee_momma

Answer by shaklee_momma at 10:58 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Around one worked for us. We just slowly cut down to only at bedtime and eventually she didn't even ask anymore. Good luck!
    shinyhappymom

Answer by shinyhappymom at 11:03 PM on May. 20, 2009

• i got rid of my daughter's pacifer when she was chewing on it and the sides were looked bad like she was chewing on them so i was afaid she would choke on them so i got rid of them she was 18 months omg it took a week for her to sleep again and she is 2 now
    Anonymous

• they shouldn't have them past three, at all. it's not good for their teeth. the earlier you take it away, the better.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:06 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Throw it away
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 11:10 PM on May. 20, 2009

• A year. If my son's dad didn't buy him one, he never would have had one at all. Grrr... way to undermine Mommy while she's at work.
    Anonymous

• I make it a bedtime only thing around a year. And let them give it up completely when they're ready. My older son gave his up at 3 1/2. My 18 month old still uses it for nap and bedtime. I'm not too worried about it for their teeth, because my kids spit it out as soon as they fall asleep. So they don't have it in very long.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:09 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Anytime a child can take a pacifer out of his/her mouth and put it back in, it's time to go! Past 6 months they can soothe themselves to sleep, and there shouldn't be anymore need. I can't stand to see a child walking with a pacifer in it's mouth, it's just laziness on the parents part! Not to mention it effects there teeth, and how are they supposed to learn to talk properly with a pacifer constantly stuck in their mouth?
    Rhimeadows1

Answer by Rhimeadows1 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2009