My highschool love that I still LOVE

I am wanting to get in touch with my highschool sweetheart.  But we are both married.  I just need to say something to him that I couldn't when we broke up.  I loved him very much and he will always have a special place in my heart. He treated me so great.  And losing him now I see the grass is not always greener on the other side.  Breaking up with him has taught me so much about life.  I also know we do have families.  Do I ignore this wanting to talk to him?  Do I tell my husband?  Do I just let it go?  There are feelings there but I know the reality is that we have separate lives.  I just need some advice please ladies.  Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Let it go as tempting as it may be!!!!!! About 6 months ago I was contacted by my first love (From 30 years ago) We had not been in contact for 20 years and out of the blue, he contacts me. The feelings were still there for both of us. He had been divorced for 18 months and I was considering divorce. We renewed our relationship and He even drove 1000 miles to visit me. We talked about love and planned on being together when I separated, but unfortunately, he was also being pursued by his exwife. He decided to take her back because of the 28 years and children they had together. He forgot I guess that she cheated on him 3 times. Even though he professes to love me, he has decided to try and make things work again with her. Love or no love, I am the one who lost out and got my heart broken again. Be true to your husband or you will be in my boat. contact me if you want to talk.
    teacherspet_too

Answer by teacherspet_too at 6:33 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Leave him alone! Don't burn bridges.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:04 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Let it go. It is over and you have both moved on to new partners and new families. What good can come of contacting him now that you both have spouses and children? Give yourself the closure you need... write a letter but don't mail it, something that helps you move forward without actually looking him up. It's normal to have memories/fantasies about the past, but when it infringes on the present IMO it is time to let go.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:08 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Leave him alone!

you made your choice.....dont ruin your life now for what you "remember" about your past with him.....a lot of times people forget the bad and remember the good and this creates a magical fantasy of what life was like then......dont throw away what you have for what you think you had back then....
    Anonymous

• Im sorta in the same situation as you, but just leave it alone. Dont mess up your family and future for the past. Dont mention it to your husband! It will hurt him and just telling him you think about your ex could mess up yalls trust. I know it sucks to have someone else on your mind and in your heart, but things might not be how you picture them because of the kids and things yall have going on now. Sorry.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 12:35 AM on May. 21, 2009