Can you get into a low income apartment with no income?

So here is the thing. My mother just got me an appointment to apply for these low income apartments.. Only thing is is I have no income! My mother says they base it on credit too and I have wonderfull credit.. I am hoping they go off that.. I start school next month and only get about $49 a month in child support.. I know if I get this place I will be able to recieve more help from the government.. Me, my son and mom live in a one bedroom trailer (just lost our house) so this would be SO good for me and my son.. Plus there is a daycare right next door and my school is right up the street! I graduate in January and just need help getting on my feet.. My question is are they going to just shut the door in my face or help me out some but tell me I have to find some type of job or apply for assistance..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on May. 20, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Probably ask you if you have applied for assistance, but it doesn't hurt to find out. You'll never know if you don't ask!
    shaklee_momma

Answer by shaklee_momma at 11:13 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Maybe off of HUD, or if you tell them you are paying with your school loans, but not usually. Even income based apartments add up your income and see if you can afford it.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure the child support counts as income.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:59 PM on May. 20, 2009