What is the best health insurance to get?

We are looking into getting health insurance and DH job will not be helping us pay for it...so I am kind of looking for what is the best, how much I should be expecting to pay per month with out the aid of an employer, etc.

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 11:14 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Health

• the kind that comes from the government, lol
    Anonymous

• The kind you get from the government would be better than what you can pay for..but since you're looking into BUYING it i'm sure you won't be qualified for free health care. Otherwise everyone would have it.

I'm currently in the same boat. I have no advice, but if you figure out something feel free to share with me!
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:19 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I dont know if it's available in your state or not, but I live in Oklahoma, and since my fiance and I aren't married, I'm still on my dad's insurance, which is Healthchoice. I get it until i'm 25, or until I get married. It's GREAT insurance, you get teeth pulled for 10 bucks. The part of the insurance I use the most is the Eye insurance, and I get 5 boxes of contacts for FREE, and the eye exam is 15 bucks. My dad has had 14 surgeries in 2008, which totaled to over 175,000 bucks, and you know what they're paying for it after Healthchoice paid their share? They owe 110 bucks on it. It's fantastic, I'm not sure how much it is per month, but if your state has it, I'd get it!
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 11:20 PM on May. 20, 2009

• We just switched from Blue Cross/Blue Shield to Kaiser Permanente because the rates were much more competitive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on May. 21, 2009

• It is unfortunate that the employer is not helping out, but there is alot of people in this position right now. If you can not find something reasonable, or something you can afford, please check my site www.santeehealthplus.com. It is not insurance but will save you money on any type of healthcare needed. It is what I use since I have a pre-existing condition and can not get affordable insurance. Good Luck.
    SonjaSC

Answer by SonjaSC at 9:32 PM on May. 21, 2009