Menu Items??...

I'm just looking for some good ideas to make for meals now that my daughter is 9 mo. old and wanting more and more table food. I give her mashed potatoes, cooked carrots, green beans, applesauce, crackers, spaghetti (no meat). She only has 2 teeth on the bottom, is it ok to give her food with small pieces of hamburger and stuff in?? Just need ideas for foods we can all eat as a family. Thanks :)

slynnb

Asked by slynnb at 11:15 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did with my kids (they didn't have any problems either). I would make hotdishes, meals with cooked rice, pasta dishes - those are generally soft and easy to smoosh up.
    shaklee_momma

Answer by shaklee_momma at 11:19 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Just feed her everything you are eating. The number of teeth don't matter at all.
    My son eats everything we are having with only a few exceptions.... as long as you can mash it they can eat it.
    Things he eats: hamburger, deli meats, chicken, noodles, potatoes, soft cooked veges and fruits, breads, rice, fish, crackers, cheese, yogurt, cereal
    Examples: today he shared my french toast and later by burger (bun, meat, tomato) and a couple french fries.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:22 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Try to make her some pasta....just over cook it so its mushy :) you can give her regular prego sauce with it or cheese, you can put hamburger in it too just make sure its in small chunks very small. Try some homemade mac and cheese. Mix her veggies with it to spice it up. Try to give her a whole pillied apple. My son loved those at that age and still does. Pill it completely and take the steams off and she will GO TO TOWN FOR HOURS on it lol. Same with the pears and bananas. Try some new veggies like spinach my son loves that for son odd reason, avocado...oh just had a thought...meatloaf is REALLY soft try making one and share it with her...just dont add too much salt and pepper! Hope I helped
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:22 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I let my 9 month old DD try everything that I have so long as its soft, but I keep an eye on her with new foods. Check out www.wholesomebabyfood.com for some great ideas. They have recomendations for different ages, different recipes, etc

Kiiimmm

Answer by Kiiimmm at 12:25 AM on May. 21, 2009

• www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 1:54 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Thanks for the ideas!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:21 PM on May. 21, 2009