11 week ultrasound fetal heart rate 185

First doctor told me this was too high and my baby must have a defect. I had the nuchal scan done and it was perfect. I was so upset I went to a different dr. He said 185 was high for 11 weeks but not to worry too much. Has anyone else had a high heart rate. (I guess after 9 weeks the heart rate should be under 170)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i've never heard of it being so high, that's kind of nerve-wrecking to me. it should be 130-160.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:18 PM on May. 20, 2009

• mine has been 148-154 the whole time- Dont freak out or anything, just get a second opnion and as always be prepaired for the worst and hope for the best!
    Think positive mama, if you need any support PM me, but I am sure things will be fine.
    My doctor told me that the the baby beats are always high in early pregnancy and gets slower and slower as baby gets bigger and bigger-
    Ill try to do some reserch for you- and get back to you
    Relax though!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:22 PM on May. 20, 2009

• that is pretty high...mines usually between 125-140 and my doctor says thats a GREAT place to be at
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 11:26 PM on May. 20, 2009

• (its depends on if babys in a deep sleep or not)
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 11:27 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Thanks. Everything I have read talks about a high rate with a thick nuchal being not good. But my nuchal was perfect. Then I read all these comments of moms happy with high heart beats because they think they can guess the gender. This doctor was really rude and said my baby had no chance. The second doctor was shocked by her comments. He said he would watch it but not to freak out. I also read a ton about low fetal heart tones, There is nothing about just a high heart rate without combination
    Anonymous

• Ok so I have done some reserch and everything I've read says that its not uncommen for your babys heart rate to be out of range the first couple of weeks- AND if you believe the old wifes tale, you more than likely having a girl!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:34 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Thanks !
    Anonymous

• Besides, diagnostic equipment is sometimes faulty.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:53 PM on May. 20, 2009

• my daughters heart rate was between 130 and 180 the whole time
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:56 AM on May. 21, 2009