Newt saying Nancy Pelosi to resign, Is he serious?

Didn't this man resign in disgrace over ethics violations and personal scandal?

He is saying Mrs. Pelosi should resign over saying the CIA mislead her and congress....apparently he doesn't know that they (CIA) are being investigated( 2 spereate times) over the same charge and both complaints were filed by republicans, but I digress...

Is this the "new" path of the republicans? Is Newt really who you ladies want out front? I really can't help but wonder why not someone like Paul Ryan??? Charlie Crist??

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:16 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Keep stretchin' Gumby.
    Anonymous

• not stretchin, just want to know if he is YOUR pick to be out front...

Why not someone like Paul Ryan, he's young and smart with none of the baggage that comes with Newt...

I love Charlie Crist , is there someone ELSE that YOU think could be out there doing these interviews ???
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:28 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I didn't hear the comment so I can't say exactly. I suspect it isn't so much gender based but the general anger that some, and I do emphasize some, Republicans seem to be expressing. 

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:29 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Oh, since it's all about keeping you happy, I guess we should get right on that and call the media to announce who you endorse to represent the republican party.

Anonymous

I know you have a blind hatred of anything democrat, I get it, but believe it or not I don't want the party to be marginalized. To me having BOTH sides keeps a better balance. So my question is WHY Newt when he has a SHADY past to say the least when you have very promising up and coming congressman and senators? Don;t you think it hurts your party to have Newt instead of someone with a better reputation? Try and just be civil, like its an actual conversation and not a cock fight...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:38 PM on May. 20, 2009

• didn't hear the comment so I can't say exactly. I suspect it isn't so much gender based but the general anger that some, and I do emphasize some, Republicans seem to be expressing.

I don't think it's gender based either, I'm just thinking there should be a better representative for the republican party than Newt Gingrich.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:39 PM on May. 20, 2009

• So my question is WHY Newt when he has a SHADY past to say the least Please don't refer to any politician as anything but shady.  Every last one of them is owned by special interests and they all have skeletons in their closet.  I will try to stay civil if you will try to avoid naivety.  when you have very promising up and coming congressman and senators?  Most conservatives believe that experience is more important than a rock star persona.  While they may be up and coming, they also need to find someone with deep pockets to buy them.  I hear the unions are already taken.

Anonymous

• Og ANON...Most pols are shady, yet not so many get fined to the tune of $300,000 and have to resign in shame for Ethics violations...and most don't lead the charge against that vile cheater Clinton while banging their 20 years younger staffer behind the back of his wife.....That Newt, he was a doozy!

as for valuing experience....Thats great EXCEPT when your digging the political graveyard for the likes of Newt Gingrich, its time to step away and look around..and last I checked Charlie Crist is no spring chicken
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:49 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I am sure the Republican party would love to hear what you have to say. Maybe you should work for them since you know so much more about conservatism than them. I don't know "why Newt". I don't completely subscribe to the republican party. From what I have read, Crist is closer to a RINO than a conservative. If the Republican party is truly trying to get back to conservatism after the departure they took with Bush, then Crist wouldn't be the right choice either. If you aren't a republican, why does it matter to you who they choose to represent them? You wouldn't vote for them anyway.

Anonymous

• Most pols are shady, yet not so many get fined to the tune of $300,000 and have to resign in shame for Ethics violations...

Lets also not pretend that the dems aren't dealing with a few of their own that fit into the ethics catagory you mentioned.

Anonymous