Whats Texas like??? I serisouly wanna move to Texas!

Whats it like? Is the cost of living expensive?? Wheres the best neighborhoods for my price range?? ($400 a month tops). I'll prob rent for a while. I am thinking about San Antonio.
Anyone anyone anyone?????

NewTakeOnLife09

Asked by NewTakeOnLife09 at 11:17 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nooooo, not Texas! :-)
    Anonymous

• Go to remax.com & look at houses in the city/town you would like to move to. they list all real estate companies. They have them for rent & sale.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:19 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Austin is good.
    Texas can be cheap but the HEAT and BUGS. If you can cope with heat and roaches, go.
    Anonymous

• thanks
    NewTakeOnLife09

Answer by NewTakeOnLife09 at 11:28 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Texas is the best! I'm from there, going back for a visit in less than a week!!! Haven't been there in a couple yrs, so I can't say how much the economy has changed things. But Austin is a great city:)
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 11:35 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Texas is nice. Arkansas is better. Cheaper too. No ocean but great lakes.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:45 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I LVE IN SAN ANTONIO, but i think is going to cost you more than 400 monthly, i pay 650 for an apartment 1 bedroom,1 bATH. where do you live now??
    laflakita4e

Answer by laflakita4e at 11:52 PM on May. 20, 2009

• um, i used to live in dallas and i did not like it. it's very windy all the time and it when it rains, it freaking pours for real. everything always freezes over in the winter bc of the rain. the snow doesnt stick for more than a few hours. it's very dry in the summer, so if you're prone to nosebleeds you definately don't want to live there. the crime is bad bc of all the illegal immigrants. and if you're a white girl you will get stared down everytime you go to the store. no offense to anyone, i'm not racist or anything and i understand why they stare, it's because all their women have the same color hair and eyes and white people do not.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:09 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I live 45 miles south of San Antonio. Cheaper than living in the city. I grew up here and will never leave. I love it!!!
    lindsaymomof2

Answer by lindsaymomof2 at 12:10 AM on May. 21, 2009

• $400 is prolly like an apartment, a small one. Texas is cheap compared to other states but not that cheap. There is alot to do in san antonio and austin so they are fun. Houston doesnt have that much, once you go to NASA, Kemah and Galveston your done.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 12:28 AM on May. 21, 2009