teething

I'm sure my baby is teething there is bumps below the gumline she gets very whiney at times. Well is it normal for her to not act like herself sometimes? I mean she gets energetic at times but then she stops and just is quiet and doesn't seem to interested in playing. Today she was getting upset and screaming and I think thats because it was hurting cause eventually she would stop. I gave her tylenol too. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is doing the same thing. he'll be so crabby then he'll just seem so lethargic. i think it's normal for them to do that. they don't feel good ya know
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 11:42 PM on May. 20, 2009

• welcome to teething, I've been going through it for about a week now, and no tooth yet. but my son is the same way. he's normally a very happy little boy who loves to play and giggle...now he goes through phases where it seems like nothing soothes him...sometimes holding him helps, but I can't always do that.
    just keep givin him tylenol, give him so good teething toys, try a teething ring you can put in the fridge to chill it.
    just kind of have to wait this phase out...it's a hard part, but you just have to stick it out.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:43 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I have a 9 month old with 8 teeth, and I see a few more cutting in. FUN stuff, lol. She is usually sleepy on the bad days, and doesn't want to eat a lot. For my DD, baby orajel for the short term relief, Motrin was the best long term relief. She was in pain mostly at night, so I would give both right before bedtime. She also chews on any blanket, burp cloth, stuffed animal, sock, shirt, dress, finger or toe she can get her mouth on... so she has a lot of teething toys. I don't like the liquid filled rings, she bit through one already.
    Kiiimmm

Answer by Kiiimmm at 12:17 AM on May. 21, 2009

• you can also try teething tablets. hylands makes some and you can get them at walgreens, babies r us, and some other places. they work great. gentle naturals makes teething drops who a friend swears by, but dd didn't like the taste. there is also something called gum-o-mile by herbs for kids, but dd didn't like the taste of that either. motrin should NOT be given before 6 months, and then only as directed by a physician between 6 mos-1 yr. dd has four teeth, two more are just about through, and i saw tonight that her molars are on the way. poor babes, it must be awful for them. good luck, hope your lo feels better soon!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 12:33 AM on May. 21, 2009