How do I get him to eat?!?

For 3 days now my 11 month old has hardly eaten anything, almost completly refuses bottles even formula in a sippy cup. I know hes hungry he knows baby signs for hungry eat and more and hes using them, but no matter what i offer he wont take it. All he does is cry. Hes got a Dr. apointment tommorow but Im at wits end tonight and prolly crying just as much as he is.

keegansMommi615

Asked by keegansMommi615 at 11:35 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know you've probably already thought of this, but could he be getting more teeth? My oldest daughter wouldn't eat or drink anything unless it was ice cold while she was cutting some of her teeth. I drove myself crazy until I finally had that "aha" moment. She wouldn't eat anything except Dole fruit and juice bars for nearly a week, and would only drink her formula if it was straight out of the fridge. After those two problem teeth popped through, her appetite was back to normal.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 11:54 PM on May. 20, 2009

• It could be an ear infection.. or teething. which can cause ear pain.. try giving some motrin 30 min before you try feeding him... if he still won't eat (I'd give it one feeding) call the doctor and have him checked out. (my son had similar problems about a month ago.. found out it was teething pains mixed with a little bit of fluid on the ear.. doctor told me to give him motrin and check for a fever a few times a day.)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 3:05 AM on May. 21, 2009

• maybe he has a sore throat? My DD is just getting over a problem like that. Did you try giving him a popsicle? He might be able to get that down. Plus the cold would feel good on his throat if that is the problem. And right after the pop he might be able to get something else down. Something soft like mac and cheese....
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 6:56 AM on May. 21, 2009