Severe Leg Pains...Help!!

My friend has a 7 year old daughter named Lexi who has severe leg pains on a daily basis. She has been to numerous doctors that cannot find anything wrong with her. All her blood work comes back a little elevated but not high enough to warrant a serious disease. She cries in the middle of the night, cannot play like a normal child should, cannot do cheerleading anymore, and has a hard time standing all the time. Has anyone else been through something like this and have the doctors tell you they cannot find anything wrong? This family really needs some answers so I thought I would try my luck here. They are not growing pains. I know growing pains can hurt but they shouldn't hurt for years every day. If you Mom's can think of anything that could be triggering this please let me know. And keep this little girl in your prayers.

2wndrfl_btrflys

Asked by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:44 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Health

• I don't know if this is whats going on I just googled it to see if I could find anything. Im sorry she is in such pain at a young age, I will pray for her.
    Legg-Perthes: causes a limp and/or leg pain in children who are three to ten years old. Although the cause is not known, in this condition the blood supply to the top of the thigh bone is interrupted. This causes the bone to stop growing, until the blood supply resumes. Children with Legg-Perthes are usually treated with leg exercises, crutches, casts, bracing, and occasionally traction or surgery. With proper treatment, the bone will grow back and your child will be able to walk normally without pain.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 12:04 AM on May. 21, 2009

• my six year old daughter gets these too her dr. is not sure what the cause is but told me to start giving her 1 caltrate everyday and it has stopped them for the last month. So maybe she can try that!
    bobbicroft

Answer by bobbicroft at 1:00 AM on May. 21, 2009

• have you contact any health care provider?
    thehcmgorg

Answer by thehcmgorg at 7:25 AM on May. 21, 2009

• you might want to gine her a bananna that is the same thing with me have eat a lot of them you might be low on patasium
    destinybaby

Answer by destinybaby at 7:40 AM on May. 21, 2009

• growing up i was told my leg pains were growing pains and potassium deficencies and menstal pains....as i got older they got worse and spread to differnt parts of the body....i ve since been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. ask their pediatrician to send her to rehab center or an orthopedic to test for it. it might help.
    niquelee

Answer by niquelee at 8:35 AM on May. 21, 2009

• She is not low on potassium, or any other vitamins. her blood work is normal except for her white blood cells are elevated but not enough to warrant disease. As I have already stated, these are not growing pains. This has been going on for 2 years now. Thank you Fairy Wings for helping me out.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:25 AM on May. 21, 2009