Bipolar disorder and pregnant

Anyone on here been diagnosed as bipolar? Do you notice a positive change in mood around 8 weeks towards the end of the 2nd trimester? I was in utter bliss with baby #1 and now that I'm past the first few weeks of awful mood swings with baby #2, I'm just completely content with everything.

I wish it was like this all the time.

ours

Asked by ours at 11:59 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was diagonosed with it too. For some reason, the only time I was balanced was when I was pregnant. Must be the horomones.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:04 AM on May. 21, 2009

• ive been diagnosed bipolar...but im pretty sure im not...that doctor was a quack and diagnosed everyone bipolar...he also said I was ADHD and had a sleeping disorder....he gave me drugs that I never used but told him I did and somehow they miraculously made me better..but none the less I like you have less mood swings while pregnant then before..I feel happier somehow idk why....
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 12:05 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I was the same way. I was Suzie Homemaker with my first pregnancy. I baked all the time, cleaned like a fiend, and was happy all the time. With my second one, I was the mutant psycho bitch from hell. I was so grouchy that it started to cause some problems with my marriage. I'm almost eight months along with baby number three, and thankfully I'm a happy medium between the two extremes this time. Hooray for hormones!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 12:05 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Well SARA they should make us a prego hormone pill to keep us balanced! If not for the sake of OUR happiness, but just to keep the guys that deal with us sane haha.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:07 AM on May. 21, 2009

• AWE AND MAY I ADD I'M THINKING OF SUZI AS A NAME IF THIS ONE'S A GIRRRLL
    ours

• Im bi-polar and this is the first time i've been clear headed for YEARS with out medication!
    my sisters also bi-polar though and shes also pregnant and she is CRAZY MEAN CRAZY MEAN CCCCRRRAAAZZZYYYY
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:09 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Poor girl. I wish all crazies could be happy while pregnant. She should consider a low dose of something.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:24 AM on May. 21, 2009