at what age your kid is not supposed to sleep in the same bedroom with parents???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on May. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• my dd is 2 and she just got her big girl bed in her own room tonight,.shes adjusting well! so i would say start to try at age 2.i co-slept with her though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on May. 21, 2009

• My daughter had her own room at age 6 months. My son is 7 months and sleeps in his pack n play in our room still. Only because my dh is still finishing my daughter's room upstairs so there isn't anywhere for my son to go right now. Soon though!! Can't wait!!!! :)
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 12:16 AM on May. 21, 2009

• 2 is when kiddo left our bed, but he still sneaks in sometimes.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:48 AM on May. 21, 2009

• sorry I never co slept (nothing wrong with it it was something I DID not want to do) and all my kids were in their own beds and rooms from the hospital.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:20 AM on May. 21, 2009

• i agree with paqirl71 all the way
    lienna

Answer by lienna at 7:56 AM on May. 21, 2009

• my daughter has only shared my bed about 4 times.. she is 18 months. i always had her in her own bassinet, then her crib since she was born. AT 6 months i moved her into her own room. She has never had any problems with it.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 8:15 AM on May. 21, 2009

• There is no magical age. Just because we happen to live in America, we think that it MUST be inappropriate for children to share a room together w/ their parents at some point. But maybe we should all take a visit to Africa, Mexico, or other places where multiple generations all live in ONE-ROOM HOUSES.

You do whatever you'd like to do with your children. There is no right or wrong here. :)

(BTW: We are a "never co-slept" family.)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:21 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Well I do have a one bedroom house...so I have a 3 1/2 year old and a 7 month old in my room...in their own beds but still in my room...I never let them sleep in my bed! When our attic is done they will be in their own room...but it really isn't that big of a deal.
    Momm2Princess

Answer by Momm2Princess at 8:43 AM on May. 21, 2009

• totally agree with fluud7!
    jjibin

Answer by jjibin at 8:53 AM on May. 21, 2009

• My DD is 5 and she is still in my room. Her bed is at the end of mine. I do it because the room she would sleep in is across the house, too far from my room for right now.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:05 AM on May. 21, 2009