to rent an apartment,whats best,1st floor 2nd floor or 3rd??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• 1st floor imo
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:04 AM on May. 21, 2009

• If you want the best get the highest, if you want the cheapest, get the lowest? That's always what I've heard.
    20hockeymom5

Answer by 20hockeymom5 at 12:04 AM on May. 21, 2009

• If you have kids I'll say the first floor so that you don't have to worry about them running and the people downstairs complaining.
    mom2four25

Answer by mom2four25 at 12:09 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Well, if u get the first floor, it's more convenient for coming and going. But you'll have noise from upstairs. If u get second, you'll get noise from upstairs AND downstairs, and if u live on top, then you'll get noise from downstairs and have a nice time trying to haul 10 bags of groceries up those steps. lol. I would buy a house. :)
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 12:11 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Well the 1st and 3rd each have their perks. First floor is great for bringing in groceries, if you have kids you don't have to worry about them running and bugging the neighbors downstairs. Of course if you don't have quiet/nice neighbors then you have the noise from upstairs. On the 3rd floor you won't have any noise above your head and possibly a nice view. On the down side you have to walk quietly and it will be a pain in the butt to haul groceries up the stairs. The 2nd floor would be a last resort for me. You have to watch your walking for the people below you and you have the noise from the people above you. When I was 12 I learned what it sounds like when people are having sex from living on the first floor with some very loud people living above us.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:19 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I have lived on all 3 with my 3 girls and the first is best because....you do not have anyone complaining about kids running around and it's easier to carry things in and easier for the kids to run in and out
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:30 AM on May. 21, 2009

• it depends. my dh and I both walk heavy and we have an 8 yr old, so when we did at one time rent an apartment it was on the 1st floor.
    It was out of respect to others that we did this. I personally do not like apartment buildings over 2 stories and would rather (if ever had to again) look for ranch style apartments with everything main ground.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:49 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I hate having anyone walking over me...

Answer by rkoloms at 10:25 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I would say the first floor for many reasons. Having kids, the first floor would be best because the neighbors wont complain about the kids running overhead. Also bringing in groceries and other things are much easier on the first floor. LIke a previous post said, heat rises so its much hotter upstairs in the summer. I would try to rent a house or duplex instead of getting into an apartment, but that's just me. I have 3 rambunctious kids who would not be happy being quiet in an apartment with nowhere to run around.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:28 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Well.... It depends on how far you want to carry your things... groceries in, garbage out, kids & car seats with babies in and out, etc.... I liked being on the first floor... also think this... if you are on the 3rd floor and your building catches on fire... you are 3 floors up, but if you are on the bottom floor, you can get out a LOT easier!!! Plus if you have kids... they sometimes jump or run in the house... the bottom floor is best cause your neighbors wont be complaining that your kids are stomping on THEIR ceiling! Good luck!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 5:18 PM on May. 21, 2009