Any ideas

I waited too late to get together money for summer camp so that is not an option, neither is a summer job, what can my teenaged sons do around the house (aside from being lazy)? What are your kids doing this summer? I asked this last night but did not give enough info. We live 20 miles from the nearest town and the boys don't have driver's license. yeah they can't go like hang out down the street, there is no community center. i just don't want them rotting on the couch. Any ideas

mrssullivan

Asked by mrssullivan at 12:16 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Tell them to paint the house, or build a shed or plant a garden, or to do something thats a project, promise to reward anything extra they do with a trip to a local attraction or a weekend camping trip. Once my brother lived the whole summer in a tent in our backyard, through storms, and everything he lived in that tent, He came in to eat and potty but he slept there everynight and spent his days chopping wood for his fire and building a "hut" to live in for the next summer.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:37 AM on May. 21, 2009

• yard work, house chores, laundry, dishes, if you know other families that could car pool the kids to activities, have them grow a garden and take care of it throughout the summer.....
    shaklee_momma

Answer by shaklee_momma at 12:19 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Maybe they could build something.
    20hockeymom5

Answer by 20hockeymom5 at 12:20 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Try planting a garden. Take them to a gardening supply store and let them pick out the seeds for their favorite veggies, and promise to cook tasty things for them with whatever they harvest. Food is usually a great motivator for teenage boys.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 12:23 AM on May. 21, 2009