red skin under penis hurting baby

my baby gets changed regularly and today, all of a sudden he has very red skin under his penis and in his but crack and thigh creases. this areas hurt and he is crying when I rinse and put aveno on him. and now his ear hurts, today, he found an oak leave an almost choked on it, so I don't know if there is residue from this or if it was paper from yesterday, its after midnight, I need help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be just chaffing. Try letting it air out for awhile and then put some diaper ointment on it. He could be doing some extra sweating. As far as his ear, maybe an ear infection?
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:44 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I'm letting it air out but it seems skin on sin contact, i thought allergy causing all the symptoms, how can chaffing be so sudden?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on May. 21, 2009

• your pediatrician should have an after hours nursing staff that you can call. Maybe they arent related. He might have a yeast infection and a ear infection. or just a plain old diaper rash, try boudreaux's butt paste, and a ear infection. Or he might be teething and his ear is hurting because of that. There is a number of things that could be causing these symptoms. I would just say call the nurse at the ped's office or just take himin tomorrow. Until then give him some tylonol and let his diaper area air out for a while.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 12:47 AM on May. 21, 2009

• sounds like an irritation.. try putting some diaper rash cream (I prefer desatin.. always cleared up irritations overnight) above advice is what i did.. also, if you switched brands of diapers (not sure if you have or not) it could be a reaction to the new ones..
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:57 AM on May. 21, 2009

• also get some sensitive wipes.. they are more gentle and won't burn his little bottom or penis when it's irritated
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:58 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Wipes are terrible when they are irritated no matter what it is from. Just use soft baby washclothes with water. As for what to use I liked the desitin cream when my little ones had diaper rash.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:41 AM on May. 21, 2009