how do i get my 12 month-old to sit in her high chair?

when i sit my daughter in her high chair to eat, she stands up and climbs all over. i try to be patient and tell her nicely to "sit down please" but she persists and discontinues eating. i've been holding her while i feed her lately, but is this just a phase or is it an actual behavioral problem?

Mommy5.23.08

Asked by Mommy5.23.08 at 12:47 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Strap her in the high chair. The high chair might just be geting old for her, Try getting her a booster chair , one with straps, and see if she sits in it. It willbe something new and she will feel like a big girl sitting at the table like mommy does.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 12:50 AM on May. 21, 2009

• my dd does the same thing to me. she will sit and eat most times if someone else feeds her and i'm not in the room. i still haven't figured out how to get her to stay seated for meals. i have been holding her, as well, because she won't eat for me in the highchair. she twists and turns, tries to stand, strains herself, sometimes hits her head, and just plain refuses to eat if i try to feed her or i'm in the room. my parents have a booster seat @ their house, but the same thing happens. if anyone has any suggestions for the op, i will be glad to hear them as well.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 8:42 AM on May. 21, 2009