my daughter is graduating and I need a card box..how can I make a graduating hat type box?

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 2:51 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Here are some... but they are already made... http://astore.amazon.com/www.cjkidzcom4-20?node=29&page=23   more grad stuff on the other pages so you may want to look through.

momjs

Answer by momjs at 3:04 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I made a card box for my sister's wedding. I went to a fabric store and bought some discontinued or reminants in her colors. Found a box that was the size I was looking for and glued it on. I would not recommend using a glue gun. The fabric is a nice inexpensive way to make it look more fancy.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:04 AM on May. 21, 2009

• u can buy a circle box from Michaels cover it in her school colors ( use spray glue ) add a flat card board for the top make a slit in the top for the MONEY cards and cover the same way and a button and a tassel

jewels484

Answer by jewels484 at 5:15 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I just made one for my daughter's graduation from H.S. I made the card box to look like a graduation cap; large hat box readily available at craft stores and a piece of cardboard cut into the shape of a square larger than the box. Make sure that when you cut the slits in the box and cardboard, to match them up. Just wrap in black wrapping paper or construction paper and adhere to lid with tape underneath. I had a round wooden furniture dowel I painted black and glued it on top. The tassel is easy to make out of yarn to match the school's colors. I just used my old H.S. tassel since we graduated from the same school!
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2009