This friday I will complete 40 weeks and pass my due date(May22)??

Has any mother here done everything to try to induce there labor like trigger points, spicy food, taken evening primrose oil capsules, walk alot to the point your feet are hurting, rock there hips that it hurts to walk, etc. Nothing has worked, any advice or anything like that.

Leilany1019

Asked by Leilany1019 at 3:03 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • Nope sorry, I tried everything I heard and my DD was still a week late... good luck.
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 3:05 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Due dates are just estimations. They can be really wrong. Nothing will work unless your body and baby are ready and you aren't technically overdue until after 42 weeks. :)

My due date was yesterday. I am just going with the flow and enjoying the last stretch of pregnancy. Oh, I ate really spicy food tuesday and walk all the time and have sex often, etc. Nothing has worked because baby isn't ready lol.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:06 AM on May. 21, 2009

• wow, i'm just so tired of being pregnant already and it sucks to not know whats going on inside me ...if the baby is still going down there, etc. I hate to not know.
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 3:09 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I had my daughter 6 weeks ago and she was just over 2 weeks late! She never even dropped and I ended up being induced. I tried everything I'd ever heard of-walking, sex, spicy foods, sex, pineapple, sex, nipple stimulation, sex, castor oil, sex! LOL Get where I'm going? NOTHING worked for me, but I hope you get there soon! I sympathize :)
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 3:18 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Thanks, but for me if i pass my due date then if I pass the 2 weeks, i dont get to get induce i'm going to have to get a c-section done ....which i find as horrible !!!
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 3:21 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I had invitro fertilization and I knew exactly when the egg hit the wall...I immediately started throwing up my chinese food lunch before I paid for lunch...I did not throw up breakfast!

Gestation is said to be nine months after the first missed period.

I was pregnant 10 months to the due date as they predicted and on the day of delivery the nausea went away!

Every day I prayed for a good baby because I was exhausted from 'morning sickness' that I needed a break...God bless my boy, he was one of the first 4,800 'test tube' babies in the US and today he is serving his country in the United State Navy!

So, Hang in there! It won't be long now!
    fooddiaryuser

Answer by fooddiaryuser at 3:31 AM on May. 21, 2009

• You have a say. They can't force a cesarean on you, just to let you know. This is your body, your birth, and your baby. Doctors control nothing. They can advise you, but can not force a procedure.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:38 AM on May. 21, 2009

• fooddiaryuser wow thats cool and interesting ...thanks for the info. and thats cool your son is in the navy.

Celticreverie unfortunately now in this country if you have a c-section its always a c-section and its hard to find a dr. to back you up, thats why i left my ob/gyn and got a midwife because i want my body to do as it should my first baby yes i was basically forced into a c-section and i didnt know what i know now so i had to have one and my ob/gyn did not give me a chance. To wait and see if i go into labor or anything ....if you visit my profile in journals you'll see that in south florida the number and rate of c-sections that are going up ...its incredible !!!!
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 3:45 AM on May. 21, 2009

• go have sex!!!! thats one way to induce labout !! plus the mans sperm softens the cervix.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:02 AM on May. 21, 2009

• You are not actually overdue until you go two weeks past your due date,so your not overdue right now, do not do anything until than to rush baby,there is reasons a baby is overdue and some may be so the baby can survive outside the womb so unless the doctor says the baby is in danger wait for the baby to say it's time.
    I know you may want to have the pregnancy over or see the baby but first and formost do what is best for baby and not for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on May. 21, 2009