heartburn.. ='(

Are there any remedies to help with heartburn besides tums... Its past 1 am here and i dont want to have to go out and buy any.
Thanks!

dlepasti

Asked by dlepasti at 3:08 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OMG I know exactly what you mean! I had my daughter 6 weeks ago and the whole time I was pregnant I had exruciating heartburn. I went through the biggest bottle of Tums I could buy at least once a week! I drank a lot of milk(the lactose helps get rid of the acid). My Aunt told me that there is a pregnancy safe prescription that your Dr can prescribe you, although I can got on it(wish I would have)! Also chewing sugarless gum after you eat or at all helps because it causes you to salivate reduces the acid as well! I just stuck to my bottle of Tums and Gallon of milk daily! lol But the old wives' tale of having heartburn causes your baby to have a lot of hair must be true because my daughter has a ton! :) Hope this helps mama!
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 3:13 AM on May. 21, 2009

• drink some milk and eat a slice of bread, that what i did until i was prescribed something
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 4:33 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Water Water Water that all i ever drink i never know what heart burn was until i got pregnant......lol
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 9:11 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I had it with my first really bad and with this pregnancy as well. With this pregnancy I've been staying away from things that cause it, coffee, chocolate any acidic fruits such as oranges, pineapples etc and seems to be working. Other than using tums I would say don't sit or lay down right away after you eat. When you go to bed lay on your left side helps the digestion process. Also, that myth about your baby being born with lot's of hair is not true. My little girl was bald! lol
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 9:49 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Milk helped me. But get a big bottle of tums asap! I had terrible heart burn the last month of my pregnancy and I lived off of tums. They were a life saver!
    Mommy2Ava3509

Answer by Mommy2Ava3509 at 10:16 AM on May. 21, 2009

• GET TO YOUR OB QUICK AND GET A PERSCRIPTION, BOY DID IT SAVE MY LIFE CAUSE IM HAVING HEART BURN TO KILL AND ITS BECAUSE IM 12WEEKS PREGNANT NOW I FEEL NORMAL......DONT WAIT
    Anonymous

• I agree next time you go to the doctor ask for a prescription. After having killer heartburn daily for weeks and Tums not helping I asked my doctor, he gave me Protonix which I take every morning It started helping on the second day.
    mandisue1

Answer by mandisue1 at 9:25 AM on May. 24, 2009